Fire damages yurt used for Moorhead business

Fire damages yurt used for Moorhead business.

MOORHEAD — A yurt in the backyard of a home that was used for a business caught fire and was destroyed early Thursday morning, June 18.

The Moorhead Fire Department was dispatched to a home on the 1300 block of 12th Street South shortly before 3 a.m. for reports of visible flames.

The caller, a passerby, initially identified it as a bonfire that had grown out of control.

The yurt was completely engulfed when they arrived, but crews knocked down the flames quickly.

The yurt was used by Blue Lotus Studios, a yoga and meditation instruction business, according to assistant fire chief Gary Larsen.